This is what Wilhelm does after work on Saturdays. Mountain bike polo... he's already got several battle scars.Wilhelm got up early yesterday and made me breakfast. He gave me two gorgeous Oakley jackets (one of which will still fit me in the coming months, I hope) :=). They should last a long time though, very high quality.
When I finally got into work at 9am.. shame on me, Ameena had decorated my office with bright blue birthday decorations and had presents on my desk. I had a warm fuzzy feeling most of the day. You forget how many people you know until you have a birthday, and then you can't believe that they all remembered it's your birthday. (Pangs of guilt for not being good at remembering birthdays myself.)
Anyway, it was a very nice day, and I almost made it through the last Harry Potter book. :=)
I dreamed about an ending I liked better.
The only thing that put a damper on the day at all was my failed attempt at a birthday cake.... Once again my lack of culinary skill produced something barely edible, while following a very simple recipe. Hmph. Oh well. At least the waffles I'm making for breakfast are edible... sort of flat and rubbery... but edible. That is an improvement.

No comments:
Post a Comment