Tristan Wilhelm Harm was born on Thursday, January 14th at 12:56 pm after about 13 hours of labor. My water broke at 12:15 am (just after going to bed, of course) and contractions started 5 minutes apart right away. After packing up and sending some emails to cancel meetings etc. we headed to the hospital at around 2:30 am. After what could have been one hour, or an eternity (I had really no decent sense of the passing of time, I was so focused on my contractions), Tristan came into the world. We are so grateful for a birth without any complications, so that I managed to do it the way we had imagined, naturally, without any pain medications. (Mostly, I was afraid medications would affect the baby, and I was worried how I would react to be stuck with needles, so thankfully, I didn't have ANY needles or IVs!)
His middle name was still up in the air, but as soon as I saw his head of dark hair (which were curly when he came out) and looked at his little face, I saw thought he looked like his papa. So, Tristan Wilhelm it is.
It is overwhelming and absolutely surreal to bring a new person that you helped create into the world. God is so great and so good. He is absolutely perfect (of course we think that, we're his parents!) And so adorable we can't stop staring at him all day in wonder at what a little miracle he is.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the photos! I'm so glad that everything went well and that your little baby is home now!
Post a Comment