Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard!


Check out the weather in Madison: http://www.soils.wisc.edu/asig/webcam.html

It has snowed over 15 inches. Wilhelm got up at 5am this morning to leave for snow removal duty only to realize the snow was up to our knees just outside the garage, and we don't own a snow shovel. (What? I had a comfy underground parking garage until now!)

So... we spent almost 2 hours clearing a path for the car with a bucket, a trashcan, and a sheet of plastic, while the wind kept blowing more snow over what we just moved. I was very proud of the path we cleared, so I snapped a picture with my cell phone.

Anyway, around 7:40, we had the car out and Wilhelm drove me to work slowly, only slipping once a little (I LOVE 4-wheel drive and my super Subaru!) and then he drove to work. I think I am the only person here. That is dedication :)

Stay safe and drive carefully if you drive!!

No comments: