Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not Just Jet Lag

It's 2 am and my body thinks it is 7pm so of course I'm up typing while everyone is sleeping. Only two days before my wedding, and there are still so many unkowns.

The visa interview is tomorrow, and I just pray we have everything we need and that they accept it and process the visa quickly. .....
My parents have come down with some aweful intestinal flu, and they're scheduled to be on the plane to Berlin tomorrow.... I have no idea what the family has planned for the reception, but I'm very sure it will involve lots of forced embarrassing performances from Wilhelm and me. I know it will be a good time and I shouldn't worry, but honestly, I can't dance to save my life and neither can Wilhelm... and we have to dance in front of everyone and then with everyone... I'm not looking forward to that part.. also they asked me to bring my flute along, so I'm about 99 percent sure they will put some music in front of us and make us play for everyone...
great. ... plus the German bread, which is wonderful, is also not making my stomach happy which is now almost exclusively accostomed to cereal, granola bars and pasta... oh weia, oh weia. This is all a little nerve racking.

So pray for a quick recovery for my parents, that their flight goes well, that I get a tremendous boost of confidence, and that I learn to dance somehow overnight while I'm sleeping....
I just have to get to Monday, just have to get to Monday, just have to get to Monday

Some positive notes: I'm with Wilhelm with the hopes of never having to live apart again and extremely happy about that. :)
Also on a positive note, my flights went very well, which is a first for me, and I actually arrived early in Frankfurt. The flight was pretty empty, so I had a set of two seats to myself and managed to sleep a little. I'm wondering now if I should have tried to stay awake, so I could be falling asleep now. I spent most of the time chatting with a very nice lady from Scottland coming back from her first trip to Mexico and she had such a cute accent. I also got a lot of smiles and happy looks whenever someone saw my giant garmet bag and asked if it's my wedding dress.

So, I think I'll give sleeping another go. I've got to be up at 5am at the latest so we can make it to Frankfurt in time for the medical appointment and the visa interview....

2 more days until I'm married! This is all very adventurous :)

No comments: